Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Monday 9 February 2015

christmas 2014

Here is a canvas I have been working on for a few days, the photo was taken at Christmas 2014, with the grandparents and the two smaller grandsons, and I used lots of texture paste and a few found pieces from my stash, the sea shells were found by my smaller grandson Jack on Stockton  Beach when we were there for a paddle, and I used a foot in a thong that was given to me by my friend Helen, I really like it but thought it was a mite big, I used the Tim Holtz die Sand and Sea for the star fish and the sea horse, and heat embossed the sea horse with dark green and faded jeans embossing powder, I sprayed with a mixture of Tim Holtz and Dyan Reaveley ink sprays, Tumbled Glass, Cut Grass and Vibrant Turquoise and at the end a light spray with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle to give a light shine, on the bachground before I stuck everything down with hot glue I used stencils, Tim Holtz Burlap and Memory Box arrows to add texture to the background, and I cut out Memory Box letters for the Christmas and Cuttlebug numbers for the 2014.  I had fun with this but would have liked to put more on this piece but am a bit short of "found pieces"  but am happy with the result and am going to give this piece to the small grandsons as a memory piece for the wonderful Christmas we all had!!!  Thanks for visiting today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment