Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Christmas Card Holder

The picture for this Christmas card holder was sent to me  by my friend Meg T, in March this year, thanks Meg, I bookmarked it and finally have had time to have a go at it. I don't know where she got it so I am unable to acknowledge the original crafter, but if you see this, Thanks for the inspiration.     I used packaging for the corrugated and some Christmas paper , among the cutting dies were spellbinders brackets, Tim Holtz on the edge Townscape, Reindeer Flight, Gears, Couture Victorian Rectangle, I cut the light bulbs out by hand and used some glitter pipe cleaners that have been hanging around in my stash for years, only using one or two every Christmas period.  I used water colour paints to paint the houses, and I used Tim's Pine Trees for the trees at the back of the houses, the  paper on the front of the little barn is from Meg's Garden which has also been in my stash for donkey's years, I used newsprint for the base glued onto a piece of card stock.  This took me  a couple of days to do, but I am happy with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment