Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Exploding Card

 Hi Everyone!!  I am back on line now that we have power after a week of no lights or stove, no hot food, NO internet, I think that was the hardest, not everyone has power back, so hope they get it back soon. The storm was all along the NSW coast from about Nowra to Port Macquarie, with lots of floods, winds, trees blown over, so glad it is over although we have more rain predicted,   I was asked to make a card for an 80 yr old lady who likes flowers, so I made this exploding card from a tutorial that I found on youtube from Karen Burniston, can't remember her web address but I just searched for "Karen Burniston Exploding Card" and the site came up, Thank you Karen I really like this technique to make a terrific card.   I used plain white card stock and sprayed it with Tim Holtz' new colour "Cracked Pistachio" and used "Peeled Pain" distress ink pad for the edges and all the greenery stamped on the card, The flowers on the front are Memento "Bahama Blue"   the grass is green scrapbook paper cut with a Cheery Lynne die, on the inside I sprayed the wings with the "Cracked Pistachio and used white card stock with the edges done with the "Peeled Paint"  I made my own pop up and used acrylic to stand up the Balloons and the numbers, I used a brown card stock for the picket fence and more of the green paper for the grass, I used a butterfly brad in the centre of the cut flower, Thanks Karen for the inspiration.!!   and Thanks for visiting, Jasann

No comments:

Post a Comment