Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 1 March 2014

March Sketch Challenge

I made this card this morning for the 52 {Christmas} card throwdown, March Sketch Challenge, and was inspired by Jennifer Frost, who had cards in Australian Cardmaking, Stamping and Papercraft Magazine, vol 20, #1, I have had this  magazine for ages, but found this lovely sketch which I have altered but the idea is Jennifer's, Thanks Jennifer, I used purple cardstock and white, the white and the silver I dry embossed with a Sizzex emb.folder "snow flurries" and I cut the flags out by hand, it was easier than getting out the cutting dies, I punched the little stars with a punch that I have had forever, together with the tiny circles which were cut with a paper punch.

5 comments:

  1. You've done a great job with the sketch, Jas. Love that you rotated it and embossed the background for added texture. Well worth the extra effort. Thanks for joining the March Sketch challenge at 52 {C}CT.
    xxxAsha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jasan! LOVE the beautiful blues and purples with the silver metallic! And the banners are a super fun touch, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple and silver is a great color combo. I like how you've manipulated the sketch, too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the colours and the way you've embossed the silver - looks fab! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh the colors are so elegant! Nice job! Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete