Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Greetings


Hi everyone, this card has been made to enter into this weeks challenge on 52 {Christmas} Throwdown, http://52cct.blogspo.com.au, the challenge is to follow the sketch, which I did with red cardstock for the card base, and white embossed with Sizzex "Snow Flurries" No 2.   I used the red card stock for the banners  and for the elf I used a small Sizzex embossing folder and although you cannot see it the elf's legs are lime green with red boots, I used a Twiddleybitz Template for the embossing of the chimney www.twiddleybitz.com I stained the bricks with Ranger distress ink "Walnut stain" although they seemed to turn grey on the Texture Paste that I used for the bricks, for the snow I used a Snow Marker by Marvy  I distressed the edges of the white topper with my craft knife as I don't have a distresser.  The Greetings is a cutting die from Marianne Creatables,

6 comments:

  1. Love your interpretation of the sketch. Cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, this is hilarious! LOVE the fabulous texture and the whimsical dies you used! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun, très sympa cette carte, elle met de bonne humeur,merci de jouer avec nous a 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Love the little elf boots - so cute! Great embossing too. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT.

    Hugs, Gill x

    52CCT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun, fun! Great take on the sketch, thanks for playing along at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this made me laugh! I adore your fun take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete