Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Saturday 4 January 2014

First Christmas Card Challenge for 2014


I made this card this morning for the First card challenge of 2014 from
52 {Christmas} card Challenge of 2014, at http://52cct.blogspot.com.au , I made this card out of mostly scrap papers that were left over from last years cards!  I used a red cardstock together with a white card embossed with an embossing folder from Cuttlebug, I don't know the name of this folder because when I bought it at a craft shop in Queensland there was no name only a cellophane bag, the red stars came from a free pack of christmas dodads from a magazine, the sentiment was stamped with a Christmas Stamp from www.sullivans.net which I bought at last years Newcastle's Craft Show.   paper backing that was cut with a Couture Nesting Die "Victorian Rectangle"  I shaded the edges with Memento ink pads, "Lady Bug" and "Cottage Ivy" Hope you all like this one!!!

5 comments:

  1. A really lovely card - thanks for playing along this week at 52CCT, Happy New Year - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and hope you join us again soon! Mynn xx

    PS: Next time, please link up your post instead of your entire blog so we can find your entry more easily. :) To do this, please click on the title of your post and copy and paste that address. :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific way to use up scraps - and a beautiful card too :o) I hope to do more of that myself this year. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT for our first challenge of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the pop of green on the sentiment and the way you've edged the embossed panel. A super Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you joined in with our first sketch challenge for 2014, and what a fab Christmas card!Love the white trees and the embossing, the red with the pop of green looks great. Thanks for playing along

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete