Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Thursday 9 January 2014

Card for a formal Male, and a watch man for a boys birthday

Hi there, these are my two latest cards, the first one is the formal and the inspiration for this came from Lisa at You Made Me Ink, http://minkimpressions.blogspot.com She makes beautiful cards and lots of lovely projects, she is a great inspiration.   I used regular cardstock that I bought from Office Works, and I have a hand crimper that I bought a long time ago from a "cheap shop"  it has been used a lot, the bow tie is from some bows I found on the net some time ago and I didn't record who they came from, so whoever you are "Thanks"   I used Kaiser Basic stick on pearls for the buttons. Am very happy with this as I am always chasing inspiration for male cards,
with the second card the inspiration for this one came from
Scraps from a Broad,  "http://scrapsfromabroad.blogspot.com.
she is full of inspiration too.   I made this card with a few variations, using embossing powder for the outlines of the man,
I did want to use black but unfortunately I could not get the WOW emb powder to work, so used Ranger silver, I used one of Tim Holtz emb folder "retro circles" on the front, and used
an assortment of chain, jump rings, and clock from my stash,
I used Faber-Castille water colours to colour the man and the
inks used to shade the background, and the letters is Ranger
distress ink pad, "Vintage Photo"  I am happy with this
but I would have liked the embossing powder to be black
instead of silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment