Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Monday 13 August 2012

Anything Goes

I made this card for the challenge No 23 on Christmas Stampin' all Year Long called "Anything Goes". I needed a card for one of my Husband's elderly, single, male friends, and thought this might be the one. Men don't seem to like fussy cards.  It is a 5" x 5" card made with black cardstock and embossed with Tim Holtz Sizzex embossing folder "Diamond Plate". I used silver acrylic paint "Sullivan's" because I don't have a TH paint dabber and had to "make do" I used the largest Spellbinders "Sprocket" for the circle and painted the little embossed pieces with the silver paint.  I used a Mariannes Creatable to cut the little vintage car and used a silver gel peen to accentuate the shapes on the car.   I used a Quickutz die "Jolly" set for the holly and the small pine trees and used red stick on pearls, kaisercraft basics.

3 comments:

  1. LOL to men don't like fussy cards! Such a great way to turn an everyday stamp into Christmas with the punches. Thanks for joining us at CSAYL this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool!!! LOVE the texture and the image! What a fabulous masculine card! Thanks for joining us at CSAYL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I would never have thought to use an image like this as a Christmas card, but it so works!! My husband has a great-uncle who is also elderly and single and I think I might just use this idea sometime for him. Great job. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete