Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Toy soldier

HI there, here is a card I made to enter in to the May Stash Challenge from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown using your dies or punches,
http://52cct.blogspot.com.au I used black cardstock for the base of this card, and a piece of paper from Kaisercraft 6-1/2" pad "Black and White Timeless" and I cut out the toy soldier with Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers die Mini Toy Soldier and Ice Skate, and coloured him with distress marker "Candied Apple" and "Ground Espresso" and I shaded him with Distress Ink Pad, "Vintage Photo" I cut out a tag from White Card and shaped the top with a Couture Die Victorian Rectangle, I cut the postcard from Kaisercraft 6-1/2 pad "Vintage Timeless and cut another piece of white card, and shaded it with Vintage Photo to go to the back of the postcard, making a stack, and used Silver embossing powder to the sentiment which is from Kaisercraft "Tis the season collection of stamps, I distressed the edges of the topper and postcards with Tim Holtz Distress tool, and I used red and white bakers twine for the bow on the tag.   I also used 5 clear rhinestones for an accent.  Hope you all like this, I had fun making this and didn't have to buy anything for this card as all the elements were in my stash (for a very long time)  Thanks so much for visiting today, and as always your comments are always gratefully appreciated, Jasann

3 comments:

  1. c'est une très jolie carte Jasann, l'esprit vintage qui s'en dégage est charmant, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the toy soldier here. This has a wonderful vintage feel with the distressed edges. Sorry to be so late commenting, but thanks so much for playing along with our stash challenge at 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute toy soldier and love the vintage look, I seem to be finding more and more Christmas challenges.

    ReplyDelete