Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Thursday 29 October 2015

Christmas

Hi there, the other day I saw a beautiful card from Brenda at Bumblebees and Butterflies - http://www.bumblebeesandbutterflies.com I don't have all the required items to replicate this card, but thought I might be able to make something similar, as I like the concept of this card.   The top card I used white cardstock and used the "stamping with embossing folder" as shown by Kylie from " Kylie is addicted to stamps"  http://addictedtostamps-kylie-blogspot.com.au    Kylie has a great tutorial over at her site.   I made a mask to go over my Christmas tree and then stamped with an old Christmas Word Stamp, in Memento Ink Pad, "Daffodill"  the tree was stamped with Tim Holtz Distress spray "Cracked Pistachio" I cut to deer out with Tim's Bigz die "Reindeer Flight" , shaded the edges with the Daffodil ink pad.    The second card I used Brenda's instructions about the ink pads on the craft sheet, but didn't do enough layers.   I used Tim Holtz Blue Print Christmas tree stamp  on the back of the card and cut it out by  hand, I used the Christmas word stamp  in the Daffodil for the background, the stars as on the previous card and the deer out of Glitter  Card, I like both of them, so thanks to Brenda and Kylie for their tutorials.   Greatly appreciated, I am entering this in to the challenge on 52 (Christmas) card throwdown, theme challenge the theme for this one is #29 from June 2014, Rudolph/reindeer, http://52cct.blogspot.com  thanks for visiting today, Jasann

4 comments:

  1. love the color combo - thanks for sharing your project at the 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très joli, tout en sobriété mais si charmant et chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I love the effects you have created. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are just lovely. I do like the way you've used the embossing folders, must try that! Thanks so much for playing along with our Pick a Previous Theme at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete