Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Friday 26 June 2015

Sponged Snowflakes

Hi everyone, we are having a lovely sunny day today, hope  you are too!!!  Here is today's card I made for Case-ing Christmas Christmas Challenge #26 "Sponged Snowflakes", http://case-ingchristmas.blogspot.com.au I really enjoyed making this card with a green cardstock for the background and a white card topper that I dry embossed with a Sizzex Alterations embossing folder, I don't know the official name for this as I don't have the original packaging as I bought it at a garage sale, have used it a lot though, it is one of my favourites, I used Tim Holtz mini ink pad "Peeled Paint" to sponge with various pressures to shade the snowflakes and the background!!   I cut a tag from a piece of white card and stamped snowflakes with an old generic stamp pad in the "Peeled Paint" again, I then mounted the tag on white card stock after I had shaded the top one.   The sentiment stamp is from an old Spellbinders Christmas stamp set, and I used white pearls on the corners and on the various sections of the tag.

Hope you like this card, and thanks very much for visiting me, Jasann

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and a great colour that is not normally used for snowflakes-I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! LOVE the sponged texture--it looks fabulous! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking card, love the snowflakes and the colour choice is great! Thank you for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh SO SO pretty, Jasmine. Your sponging is perfect and the embossed details really pop. Thank you for sharing your project with CASE-ing Christmas. Thank you for sharing your project with CASE-ing Christmas. Our July Blog Hop starts tomorrow and there’ll be lots of fabulous prizes up for grabs. Make sure you visit the challenge blog tomorrow for details. I’m really looking forward to seeing you there.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete