Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Friday 14 November 2014

Birthday Card

 Hi there, This is another commissioned card, for a friend's husband and I made an A5 card with white cardstock that I edged with Distress Ink "Vintage Photo" this is one of my favourite colours, and I used the "Weathered Clock" die, cut in black card stock, I also added "The Watch Man" that I stamped out and coloured with Faber-Castille Aquarelle pencils, and printed the question on my computer and used a Spellbinders cutting die "Hexagons" to cut it out and edged it with the "Vintage Photo", on the inside I used kitchen paper to mask the areas that I did not want to print on, using the Graphic 45 Hampton Art stamp, I don't know what this stamp set it called but used the stamp with the writing on it, I put a little brown spider hanging from one of the corners, this was from the Halloween Stamp Set also from Hampton Art, and the gears were in the same set, again using the "Vintage Photo", the numbers were cut with a QuicKutz cutting die No.48 Number Set, which I have had for ages, the arrows, I am not sure of the maker because the die cuts were a gift
from a friend, and the "Happy Birthday" was cut from
a free die that came with "Australian"Simply Cards" magazine, They are a great magazine, with free
gifts with every issue.   I hope the recepient will like this card and get a laugh out of it.
at the bottom right hand side I put a die cut
from Graphic 45 "Congratulations on your
Special Day" and on the envelope I put the
off cut from the Graphic 45 paper, which was
from "The Olde Curiousity Shop" and used on the front of the card  and stamped vintage car images from Tim Holtz stamp set
"Life's Possibilities".

1 comment:

  1. what a great card for a guy - and the little vintage stamps and colors are perfect - i have a clock die - and never remember to use it for birthdays (dumb me)!! thanks for you lovely comments on my cards too

    ReplyDelete