Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Aussie Christmas #1

Hi everyone, I haven't posted for a week or so, have had commissions to finish, and all done now!!  I decided that for Christmas 2015 I would make Aussie Christmas Cards.  We don't have snow or snowflakes, reindeer or all the other things that are in the Northern Hemisphere. We have Sun, Beach, flies, gum trees and all the other fun things that we do on Christmas Day, we have all the family around the BBQ or the pool, we go to the bush for a camping trip, but we still have Santa visiting.   So I made my first card with Aussie Santa a surfie boy, with his presents on the beach, which was made with a piece of sandpaper that I found in the shed, and used a stamp that came free with an issue of Australian Papercraft, a few years ago and I don't still have the magazine, only the stamp, I used ordinary generic markers to colour all the waves, surfboard and the santa suit, and sun and used red glitter paper to make Santa's hat. the presents were cut from a Cottage Kutz die with a backing of "Dots" Christmas paper, and red cardstock for the front of the presents I used a tag which was a gift from a friend, thanks Meg, and a green pen from Stabilo to write the message, I used a piece of cotton wool for the pom pom on Santa's hat which was free cut. the sky was a wash with a ranger re-inker "tumbled glass" and I used red card stock for the base card.   I thought it was not too bad for a first attempt, and will be doing more cards with an Aussie theme for next year.   Hope you all like it!  Thanks for visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment