Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Mini Album and Journal Cover

 Hi everyone, Hope everyone is well. I have two projects here to show you.   The top photo is a Mini Album 5" x 7" with a 1-1/4 spine.   It started out as an Uncle Toby's Oats Cereal Box and I used plain copy paper to make the cover which I used texture paste with a Tiddly Winks stencil "Brick Works" and various Tim Holtz and Hampton Arts stamps to stamp all the bits and pieces, I also used a Memory Box Stencil  "Diamond" with Vintage photo ink pad to stencil the other parts of the cover, I used some variaged fibers from Kaiser Craft that we a gift from a friend to wind around the spine and I found some brass pieces that I bought rom China, a castle, a teapot, an umbrella an alladins lamp, a key and a small steampunk style clock to hang  on them.   This will make a nice present for someone.  The Journal is a piece of corrugated cardboard that was
packaging and I used a home made blue spray, food colouring to use after I put down gesso, and various pieces from my stash, Tim Holtz movers and shapers gears, a brass butterfly, a pretty little angel, a round clock, which is a Kaisercraft wood piece, buttons, bead and a round brass flower piece.
I gesso'd it again and then painted some of the pieces with Jo Sonja's acrylic paint "Gold" and I used a writing stamp from Hampton Arts and put some dark blue beads in the middle of the clock, and then spattered some of the gold paint with a paint brush diagonally from top left to right bottom of the piece. I think I will leave this now as I am not sure what else I want to put on it.   With the yellow mini album, I learned how do do this, the hidden hinges and how to make the flip over pages, inserts etc from My Sisters Scrapper, http://mysistersscrapper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment