Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Wednesday 10 April 2013

owl card

Today's card is a stamped owl from www.papercraftessentials.com.au , free stamp from Woodware craft collection no.BS23 2DE,  had fun with this one using white card stock for the card base and using a Darice embossing folder "Woodgrain"   and I stained this with Tim Holtz distress inks "Walnut"  I used scrap paper from my stash for the paper piercing and since I scanned this card I have coloured the owl beak with water colour pencils, orange colour which looks better,  I haave put the sentiment inside the card "all of a twitter" I haven't put a sentiment on the front yet because I don't know what I will use it for ie: birthday, thanks etc.I used the Walnut distress stain to colour around the edges of the white card, and I cut the brown woodgrain so it looks like a tree trunk.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love him! Always a big owl-fan - there's just something about them - and he looks great against the wood grain. Thanks so much for your visit, much appreciated!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete