Sunday, 23 September 2012
Steam punk hat
http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com.she has a beautiful altered hat on her page, she directed to the site Altered Headress Challenges. I got the pattern for the hat out of the August issue of Craft Stamper, and although I didn't have a lot of the items required, I gave it a go. Instead of the Grunge Paper I used black cardstock, and I covered it with Kindyglitz black opal for the glitter and strength. I used twine for the lacing but put it the wrong way up the box should be at the bottom of the eyelets. I used various colours of eyelets as I have had them in my stash for over 40 years, just using one or two as required, but I never let them go! I painted them with acrylic paint so they were all the same colour. I used a feather that one of our grandsons gave us that he found in the garden and some pearls on wire, the maroon flower and the little red one have been in my stash for ages. The littlee clock and owl are also out of my stash, but I used a Tim Holtz small gear under the red flower.