Christmas Card Throwdown

Christmas Card Throwdown

Sunday 18 February 2018

Santa

Hi there everyone, hope it will be a good day for you!!  Here is a card I made to enter into craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.com.au.  It is challenge 373 and is anything goes as long as it's Christmas with an optional theme: use some green.

I made this card as an iris folding piece and used dark cream paper for the topper and dry embossed with an embossing folder from a free gift from a magazine from Practical Publishing in the UK.  I can't remember the name of the magazine because it is a long time ago since I bought it.   The embossinng folder  is a mistletoe design, and the green mistletoe at the top of the santa is cut with a die that came with the same free gift. I used white and red paper to make the santa and used silver for the top of the ornament, and used a Tim Holtz distress pen to mark the red holly and the red bow and star are very old and came out of my stash and I used a clear rhinestone at the top for the hanger.    I hope you like this as well as I do, I haven't done any iris folding for a long while so enjoyed making this card.   I am also entering this card in the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show in April.    Thanks for visiting, cheers, Jasann

2 comments:

  1. Fab iris folding! Great card!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for CHNC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, for your lovely comment, it is greatly appreciated, Jasann

    ReplyDelete